Translate

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Vegan Lettuce Wraps (Asian tacos)

I made these last week for the first time. My boyfriend Robert, really loved them, so I had to make them again.
 
Here's what I used:
1 head Romaine lettuce, rinsed and dried (we mostly used large leaves)
1 carrot, thinly julienned
2-3 stalks green onions, sliced on the bias
1/4 package of rice stick noodles
About 1 tsp of chili seasoning, or more if you like it spicy
About 1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
1/2 a package of Gardein beefless ground
1/2 a package of shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
About 1 handful of chopped cashews
 
For the sauce I used:
About 1/8 cup vegan sweet chili sauce
About 1/8 cup vegan pad Thai sauce
About a Tbsp of mirin (rice wine vinegar)
About 1 tsp of Asian red curry paste
 
Here's how I made everything:
Make noodles according to package. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside to cool.
Slice and julienne all vegetables. Set aside.
 
Heat a skillet to medium heat. Brown the beefless ground, add seasonings, cashews, and mushrooms, stir a few times for about 3 minutes. Turn off heat.
 
Mix the sauce with the noodles and then assemble the "tacos," adding the "meat" mixture first and building upwards. Meat, noodley sauce, onions, carrots. Spooning on more sauce as needed.
Eat over a plate cause its messy.
 
Ps. I made these vegan. You don't have to. Also, I make my own seasonings and sauces... a lot of the Asian sauces have fish sauce in it, so remember to check the ingredients.
 
He loves my cooking so much!
*I love fonts! These are the fonts I used: Cherry Cream Soda, Josefin Sans, Reenie Beanie, and Walter Turncoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment